Friday, June 27, 2008

Life Leadership Philosophy #1 - Lead by Making Somes Life Easier

I attended an interesting meeting at work on Tuesday. We were "interviewing" a possible new employee, who was actually interviewing us as a potential place of employment. During the interview, he asked a question of the group of 20 or so people and when nobody answered, he directed the question to me. I had only had about 12 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours and I wasn't sure I could think well enough to answer, but I went for it and found a new revelation in my leadership skills and philosophy.

The leadership philosophy is simple: Lead by Making Someones Life Easier.

It's been around for a long time. And it usually goes by something like "To lead others be a servant". But I think I had forgotten how big a part of my leadership philosophy it has been and still is. The question asked in interview was "How can the departments within this company work/communicate together better?" or at least something like that. Like I said, I was half asleep at the time.

I stated that for me, it is important that I make someones life easier each day. A great day for me is one where I can go home to my family and tell them what I did to improve someones day.

So here is my challenge to my readers today. Find someone and improve their life today! If you do, let me know by adding a comment to this blog. And I hope that you will let me know if this post improves your life today. That would make my day, too!!!

No comments: